Want to make an important direct mail campaign stronger?
Sean and I have six big tips that can really super-charge response:
- Mail in a stand-out envelope — bigger, more colourful, not the usual!
- Use a matching gift offer.
- Enhance the pack in as many ways as possible: Longer letter, bigger reply device, as many lift pieces as you can think of!
- Call your donors before they get the mail — or after.
- Use email and mail together, make it into an “event.”
- Repetition! Send several emails. Send a follow-up direct mail. Maybe even send the original pack again!
Want to learn more about what really works in direct mail? Uncover all of the amazing best practices of direct mail fundraising in my online course 7 Steps To Creating Record-Smashing Direct Mail. Check it out.