The Most Powerful Communication Tool –
Yes! Donor care and stewardship are important to us, and we want to identify more wonderful supporters willing to put us in their will, improve major donor giving and boost our appeals. Please help us get a Supporter Connection Survey to our donors.
Why Supporter Connection Surveys?
Supporter connection surveys are amazing because;
- They help the charity and its staff to be extremely donor-centric.
- They help the fundraisers and senior managers to truly know their donors.
- They allow for superbly tailored communications that increase loyalty and response.
- They identify potential major donors and legacies.
Nearly all donors in Australia, who have told charities they put the charity in their will, did so because of this type of survey. Well over half of all legacy leads are identified by these surveys. Most charities in Australia see these surveys as an essential and significant part of any bequest (legacy) program.
They can even be used as a case for support for major donor approaches!
If planned carefully, the questions are tailored nicely to reflect the donor’s answers in future campaigns, demonstrating how you care about that donor and that you really are listening.
Any mass donor communication program to wonderful donors that doesn’t have surveys is missing out. Potentially, missing out on millions.
These surveys – used wisely – could QUADRUPLE* the value of your donations from donors surveyed.
*The future value of potential legacies identified by nearly every one of these surveys we have ever seen dwarfs the previous annual income in donations from surveyed donors. However – you still must follow up these potential legators, and results will vary by charity.
Need More Information? Read On!
How do you know if this course is for you?
This course is all about training you to be the smartest fundraiser you can be. It’s going to be great for you if:
- You want to grow legacy income.
- You want to grow mid and major donor income.
- You want your appeals to do better next year.
- You want more monthly givers
- You want to do better donor care and stewardship.
- You work in an organisation that knows it needs to be donor-centric.
- Yes, this is for me. I’m ready to sign up now.
- Not sure? Explore the modules! You could have a different reason for undertaking this program. And don’t worry. If in the first session you realise this isn’t for you, we can reassess and find something more appropriate or refund the rest of your investment.
You’re Going To Love These Benefits!
The number-one benefit is that your organisation will raise more funds from every channel.
At the end of this online course, you will have most of the elements of your real Supporter Connection Survey. Depending on your organisational budgeting and approval process, you may have a completed and approved survey mailed or emailed and landing pages ready.
As well as understanding what the survey can do for you, by the time you finish, you will have in progress or completed:
- The selection criteria for the survey,
- An email AND mail survey with the most important questions written and an understanding of how each question’s answers will be used to help your cause,
- The accompanying letter written,
- A great thank you letter ready,
- A process for capturing the data,
- Flow chart, process, and allocated personnel for following up survey responses,
- An understanding of budget,
- Feedback process established,
- Masses of information that can be used in truly donor-centric hyper-personalised appeals throughout the next year
But there are other even more important great benefits!
- Other areas of the organisation, including campaigns, service provision, PR, marketing, and communications, will benefit from the approach taken to understand fundraising needs more.
- You will likely have identified more legacy leads than in all your previous activities!
- You will understand what hyper-personalisation is and be about to put it into practice. This instantly puts you into the top few percent of direct marketeers in the world!
- Few charities get this right, so you will lead the charge!
- Of course, I want to get these benefits. I love my donors!
MOCEANIC ONLINE COURSE
THE SUPPORTER CONNECTION SURVEY MODULES
The four modules are available in your own online student area.
You’ll have full access to the video recordings in your student area of our website, as well as access all the extra materials and bonus videos. So you can take the course at your own pace. You can start the course right now!
Planning for Your Supporter Connection Survey
- The purpose of the survey. The survey enhances all areas of fundraising with people surveyed. But what are your priorities?
- Targeting and timing. Who are we going to mail and when?
- To ask or not to ask? The pros and cons of asking for a donation with the survey.
- Thinking about your resources. We will look at the context and the size of different databases and help you work out how to find or allocate budget and staff for this project.
- Project work. You’ll have access to some easy worksheets to complete, lots of examples, and some great videos.
Your Survey Questions
- The four types of questions to ask. All questions have a purpose, and we delve deeper into the four types of questions.
- The four types of questions you shouldn’t ask! Some questions could put people off or restrict your future communications in a way that was neither the donor’s nor your intention.
- A focus on the fundraising questions. The heart of the survey! Includes the bequest/legacy question, understanding the individual donor’s commitment, and much more.
- The four questions to ask YOURSELF. Every time you write a question, you need to answer these special questions first!
- Project work. You’ll make progress on your questions. You’ll have checklists, worksheets, and more videos to help you.
Getting The Survey Out The Door
- Design. You have your questions. Now, how do we use design to make it look good? Whether out-sourced or in-house, we give you the tools to brief the designer.
- The main elements of the cover letter/email. A valuable checklist for you or your copywriter.
- Maximising response: multiple waves and your promise. Tactics to increase response from the best donors now and in the future.
- Testing Strategy. The basic rules of testing, what to bother with, and how to avoid time-wasting.
- Scheduling everything. Sample schedule, checklist, and tools for keeping everything moving, including production.
- Project work. Brief your designer, write your basic thank you letter and get your production finalised.
Making It All Count. Handling Responses And Communicating With Your Donors
- Scheduling everything post survey. We need to plan what to do with the responses.
- Feeding back to donors. You promised feedback, so let’s plan how, when, and to whom.
- Building on the connections. Planning your donor-centric super-charged communications.
- Rinse and repeat. The survey must be annual, at least. We look at why and how and ensure you have an adequate budget for next year!
- Are we ready to roll!? Barrier-busting to make sure the survey gets out the door.
- Project work. Send the survey and get ready for a fundraising transformation!
CHECK OUT ALL THESE AMAZING BONUSES!
Blogs, Vlogs And Links... (Click To Read More)
- The commitment score. This awesome video interview with Roger Craver, godfather of charity direct marketing in the USA, author, agitator, and inventor of ‘The Commitment Score’. This is an important question in the survey, and you’ll get all the details about what it is and how to use it directly from Roger. (And he’s done all the hard work for you!)
- Interview. Should we ask for money in a survey? Sean Triner and Jeff Brooks discuss.
- Hyper-personalisation. How we use the survey results to boost ALL future donor communications. By embracing this, you will move into the top 0.1% of sophisticated fundraising charities in the world!
Case Studies, Worksheets, Checklists, and Cheat-Sheets Galore! (Click To Read More)
- Examples of great surveys, including some with annotations, highlighting the stuff you need to know.
- Cover letter and thank you letter examples.
- Simple targeting, budget, and planning tools.
- Tried and tested questions you would want to include.
- Make writing your cover letter easy with our handy checklist.
- Brief your designer with our top tips for survey design.
- Donor query, feedback, and complaint cheat-sheet for better inbound donor care.
- An essential tool for building your follow-up process map.
And Everything Is Online in One Place for You to Access (Click To Read More)
All of your videos, course materials, and other bonuses are available online in your dedicated student area. Once the course is live, you’ll be able to access your course any time of the day or night. Your course will be available for 12 months from your date of purchase.