A few questions, if we may…
- Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated and assertive?
- Would your past employers call you a natural go-getter?
- If you can do better work, will you always rise to the challenge?
- Do you create an outstanding customer experience for clients?
- Do you make it your mission to find ways to make other people happy?
- Do you have experience in online marketing?
- Do you have an amazing eye for detail? – You’re not just good at it, you’re obsessed with making sure everything is correct.
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also get things done.
We’re looking for a marketing & community hero to develop an outstanding customer experience for everyone who encounters Moceanic. From strengthening existing relationships with our students, to marketing Moceanic to prospective clients.
- This is a part-time position starting at 3 days a week potential for the hours to increase as the role evolves.
- The position reports directly into our Head of Relationships, Becky Brown, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
And it just so happens, you can do it from anywhere within the Australia and New Zealand timezones (Becky is based in Sydney). You’ll sometimes need to be available from 6.00am or up to 8pm Australian Eastern time for meetings with our partners in the US and Europe, and our webinars and other special online events.
We don’t need you to be a fundraising expert yourself. We can teach you all that. But we do need you to have a solid background in customer/client service, and a strong understanding of how online marketing works; social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), webinars, lead magnets, lead generation activity. (If any of those phrases are not obvious to you, this is probably not the perfect position for you.)
We need you to make sure that the Moceanic brand stays consistent and reliable, from start to finish, across all of our communication.
We’ll be straight with you: This position has high expectations.
But if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Thinking this gig is tailor-made for you? If you become the Moceanic marketing & community hero:
- You’re at the heart of the Moceanic community. You will be responsible for making sure the Moceanic experience is top notch for our students.
- You will use your excellent communication and organisation skills to develop a positive and seamless experience for coaching members, this includes;
- Developing and sending proposals to prospective coaching clients following their calls with our sales team
- Providing timely customer support to coaching members
- Assisting coaching members with their session preparation
- Ensuring our coaches are fully briefed and ready for upcoming coaching sessions
- You’re responsible for the coaching membership area of our website. This involves setting up each private membership page for new coaching clients as they come onboard, applying appropriate tags in InfusionSoft (CRM), uploading session video recordings, and tracking the completion of coaching packages.
- You’ll assist the Head of Relationships with the briefing and management of our partners – marketing specialists, copywriters, designers, virtual assistants etc. In particular the trafficking of strategy and creative feedback, and making sure everything is running on time and to a very high standard.
- You will assist with the creative development, campaign set up, and management of social media campaigns designed to uncover new coaching prospects through Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- You will track the performance of our social media campaigns and monitor comments on our posts from our community.
- You will help manage the planning and content development of our weekly community newsletter. Your responsibilities include making sure we have the right blog content from our authors, set up, proof and test the newsletter email, and write, test and schedule the social media posts to promote it.
- You will work with the Head of Relationships to develop a process for gathering client case studies and testimonials to share with our community and use in marketing courses and coaching.
- You will assist with establishing and managing Moceanic ‘Office Hours’ (monthly live Q&A sessions for our students).
- You’ll proof and test all new course pages, email campaigns and marketing activities. You have excellent attention to detail and serve as the final check before something goes live.
- You will review new client organisations to make sure we share the same values. You’ll want to take a close look at our values on our website: moceanic.com/about-us/
- You will work with the content coordinator to ensure consistency across courses and coaching marketing and content.
- You love ensuring that the work being delivered by the team is on brand and of appropriate quality.
Here’s who this position is not for:
- If you’re looking for a “side job” while growing your own business, or working for other organisations too – then this isn’t for you.
- If you’ve got a lot going on already, and don’t have the time and focus needed to create quality work.
- If you’re not interested in learning about business and marketing techniques, by reading, watching or listening to blogs, books and podcasts.
- If you’re not willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
However, this position is for you if:
- You have an excellent eye for detail and are incredibly organised – you don’t let anything slip through the cracks.
- You have customer/client service experience and you love working with people. You always have a friendly and positive attitude.
- You would never utter the words “That’s not my job” – instead you always jump into help, no matter what.
- You can handle stress and tight deadlines.
- You embrace technology and love learning new systems and ways of doing things.
- You have online marketing experience, particularly with social media channels like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- You’re not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces a “until it gets done” attitude.
- You’re a high-functioning communicator. (Both verbal and written)
- You take ownership and pride in your work.
- You are not afraid of new challenges.
- You love learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- You adapt really well to changes on-the-go.
- You can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying focused and collected.
- You like being part of a team but are happy working remotely.
- You’re preferably a Mac and iPhone user, and have access to a good quality Apple laptop or desktop computer
If you have experience in these areas, it’s a PLUS!
- Experience with Infusionsoft and learning management systems.
- Fundraising experience.
- Experience in setting up and tracking Facebook campaigns/paid ads.
- Experience with Dropbox, Lucid Charts, ScheduleOnce, Loom, and Zoom.
If you’re the right person, here’s what we think you’ll love about this position:
- You’ll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of: working with people who are passionate about changing the world, and are hungry to learn from our team of fundraising experts.
- You’ll get to do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, or even a co-working space. We’ll help you find the environment that works for you.
- You’ll get to be an important part of a fast-growing online training company, where there are loads of growth opportunities (both right now and in the future).
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of online marketing, content development, and building a brand with a large online audience.
- You’ll also see “behind the scenes” of how we grow our online education business and develop new models for helping charity fundraisers get even smarter.
- You’ll work directly with the leading fundraising experts in our sector including Adrian Sargeant, Harvey McKinnon, Jeff Brooks, Jen Love, Ken Burnett, Roger Craver, Sean Triner, Simone Joyaux, Tom Ahern and many more.
- You’ll be part of a company that has one main goal: Helping people become smarter fundraisers, and raising more for their important causes. That’s what absolutely drives us and we hope that drives you too!
Sound like what you’ve been looking for?
Download the Job Description and click below to apply, fill out a short questionnaire and send it our way:
We’ll be reviewing applications over the following weeks. Can’t wait to hear from you!