A few questions, if we may…
- Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated and assertive?
- Would your past employers call you a finisher, someone they can rely on to get the job done?
- If you can do better work, will you always rise to the challenge?
- Are you system oriented, always looking for simpler more efficient ways to get the job done?
- Do you have experience in online copy writing/content management?
- Do you have an amazing eye for detail? – You’re not just good at it, you’re obsessed with making sure everything is correct.
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also get things done.
We’re looking for an online content wizard to help develop a consistently high standard of out-put across the Moceanic brand. From developing and maintaining a content database across multiple streams, to working closely with our expert course creators to build the best courses possible.
- This is a part-time position starting at 3 days a week potential for the hours to increase as the role evolves.
- The position reports directly into our Project Manager, Paula Thurnham, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
And it just so happens, you can do it from anywhere within the Australia and New Zealand timezones (Paula is based in Wanaka, New Zealand). You’ll sometimes need to be available from 6.00am or up to 8pm Australian Eastern time for meetings with our partners in the US and Europe, and our webinars and other special online events.
We don’t need you to be a fundraising expert yourself. We can teach you all that. But we do need you to have a solid background in administration, and a strong understanding of how website content management works and some experience in copy writing/copy proofing.
We need you to make sure that the Moceanic brand stays consistent and reliable, from start to finish, across all of our communication.
We’ll be straight with you: This position has high expectations.
But if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
Thinking this gig is tailor-made for you? If you become the Moceanic Online Content Wizard:
- You will be responsible for making sure the Moceanic experience is top notch for our students and that everything we put out is of the absolute best quality.
- You will use your excellent communication and organisation skills to develop a positive and seamless experience for our course creators, this includes;
- Developing and maintaining a bank of templates, example resources, presentations and videos to guide the production of course material.
- Building and maintaining a central content database and becoming our expert in the content we have available.
- Providing clear instruction, detailed briefs and constructive feedback to ensure we end up with the best material possible.
- You’re responsible for the online courses areas of our website. This involves setting up each new course, applying appropriate tags in InfusionSoft (CRM), uploading session video recordings, lesson copy and course resources and quizzes.
- You will assist with the creative development, campaign set up, and management of each new course launch.
- You’ll proof and test all new course pages, email campaigns and sales pages. You have excellent attention to detail and serve as the final check before something goes live.
- You will work with the marketing & community coordinator to ensure consistency across courses and coaching marketing and content.
- You love ensuring that the work being delivered by the team is on brand and of appropriate quality.
Here’s who this position is not for:
- If you’re looking for a “side job” while growing your own business, or working for other organisations too – then this isn’t for you.
- If you’ve got a lot going on already, and don’t have the time and focus needed to create quality work.
- If you’re not interested in learning about business and marketing techniques, by reading, watching or listening to blogs, books and podcasts.
- If you’re not willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
However, this position is for you if:
- You have an excellent eye for detail and are incredibly organised – you don’t let anything slip through the cracks.
- You have customer/client support experience and you love working with people. You always have a friendly and positive “Can Do” attitude.
- You would never utter the words “That’s not my job” – instead you always jump into help, no matter what.
- You can handle stress and tight deadlines.
- You embrace technology and love learning new systems and ways of doing things.
- You have online content management experience, particularly with wordpress platforms and plug ins.
- You’re not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces a “until it gets done” attitude.
- You’re a high-functioning communicator. (Both verbal and written)
- You take ownership and pride in your work.
- You are not afraid of new challenges.
- You love learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly.
- You adapt really well to changes on-the-go.
- You can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying focused and collected.
- You like being part of a team but are happy working remotely.
- You’re preferably a Mac and iPhone user, and have access to a good quality Apple laptop or desktop computer
If you have experience in these areas, it’s a PLUS!
- Experience with Infusionsoft and learning management systems.
- Fundraising experience.
- Experience with Dropbox, Lucid Charts, ScheduleOnce, Loom, and Zoom.
If you’re the right person, here’s what we think you’ll love about this position:
- You’ll be paid to do what you already get a kick out of: working with people who are passionate about changing the world, and are hungry to learn from our team of fundraising experts.
- You’ll get to do your work from anywhere: your living room, the coffee shop, or even a co-working space. We’ll help you find the environment that works for you.
- You’ll get to be an important part of a fast-growing online training company, where there are loads of growth opportunities (both right now and in the future).
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of online marketing, content development, and building a brand with a large online audience.
- You’ll also see “behind the scenes” of how we grow our online education business and develop new models for helping charity fundraisers get even smarter.
- You’ll work directly with the leading fundraising experts in our sector including Adrian Sargeant, Harvey McKinnon, Jeff Brooks, Jen Love, Ken Burnett, Roger Craver, Sean Triner, Simone Joyaux, Tom Ahern and many more.
- You’ll be part of a company that has one main goal: Helping people become smarter fundraisers, and raising more for their important causes. That’s what absolutely drives us and we hope that drives you too!
Sound like what you’ve been looking for?
Download the Job Description and click below to apply, fill out a short questionnaire and send it our way:
We’ll be reviewing applications over the following weeks. Can’t wait to hear from you!